Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy
PT Bhimasena Power Indonesia (BPI) commits to safeguard the health and safety of the public and employees as well as to preserve and protect the environment through the preconstruction, construction and operational phases of the Central Java 2 x 1,000MW Coal-Fired Power Plant.
In order to fulfill this policy, the following commitments will be made:
- Make HSE an integral part of our work culture.
- Benchmark HSE performance against adopted best practices.
- Commit to comply with all relevant and prevailing National and International laws and regulations and with the requirements outlined in the JBIC Guideline, Equator Principles, International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards and World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Guidelines.
- Identify, evaluate, control and mitigate environmental and social risks and impacts
- Institutionalize the HSE management process, by developing and establishing principles and procedures.
- Make continuous improvements to HSE management and enhance awareness to the HSE policy in the workplace;
- Monitor and audit on-going operations regularly, to ensure compliance with the appropriate procedures;
- Identify, evaluate, and record non-compliance events and all corrective actions regularly;
- Regularly communicate and recount training on health, safety, hygiene, and environmental considerations to all employees, visitors, contractors, and consultants;
- Communicate openly with stakeholders and make this policy available publicly to ensure an understanding of our HSE Policy; and
- Stress to all employees and contractors their responsibility and accountability for a safe performance and set relevant targets and objectives to continually improve HSE performance.
This is a company established policy intended for this project. All management plans, policies and procedures developed by BPI are project specific. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible to ensure that this HSE Policy is well implemented and reviewed periodically. Line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, HSE policies and standards.